If you are dealing with problems that need legal help, then you have to find a reliable attorney. There are a lot of attorneys around but before you choose one, you have to understand that they come in many types. To make it easier for you, you have to filter down your options by putting your focus on lawyers who work on the law where you seek legal advice from. To guide you with your search, here are some tips.
- Ask from your co-workers, family, basically from people you personally know. These are the best people you can get personal references.
- You can also ask from an attorney you can rely on. Even when he/she does not practice the law you need, he/she is the best person who can refer you to a good colleague.
- You may go over the internet and look for a database that has a list of lawyers. This list provides their information, their practice areas, and records. You may also visit MyDefence.ca, a well-established law firm that you can trust with your case. When you go online, it is necessary for you to check the feedback from their clients.
- The attorney directory of your local bar association may also help. Check out the list of lawyers you can find in your city.
- You may go for legal technology companies. These companies have attorneys who can give you legal advice without asking for an hourly fee. Once you visit MyDefence.ca and other law firm sites, do not hesitate to leave a message and start a negotiation.
It is also important to ask the right questions when hiring an attorney. Listed below are a few examples:
- Is your consultation for free? Otherwise, how much do you ask for the initial interview?
- When did you start as a lawyer?
- What is your level of experience in dealing with different cases? What are the outcomes?
- All in all, how much should I pay for? Do you accept installments? Can I negotiate the fees?
- What is the scope of services you give?
- With your current caseload, can you commit to my case?