Everything is faster nowadays. With the right transportation, you could be in another country in a few hours. With the help of the microwave, you could have a meal within minutes. With the help of internet, you could search for a certain topic and get results in nanoseconds. If you have a real estate website, the loading speed of your website could affect the number of leads and visitors you get. Users won’t stick around to wait for your house and land packages and contents to load when they can easily find a faster real estate website. A slow loading page could be the reason for an interested buyer to abandon ship after 2 minutes.
Here are some things you could do to make your website load faster:
– One of the most common qualities of fast websites is their simplicity. A simple design could make loading time faster.
– If you have various pages in your website, find out which ones are taking more time than average to load. Google Analytics has an added feature called Page Speed where you can check the page’s speed instantly. After you checking, optimize them.
– One of the factors that could slow a website is the number of images in one page. A real estate website could have many images especially when showing of various house and land packages. The size of the images should be reduced but not the quality as it is important. Faster loading of images means faster page.
– To make your website faster, enable the use of cache which could result to fewer HTTP requests and the page size will be reduced.
– Reduce the HTTP requests from your website for a faster response. To help attain this, use CSS for visuals.
– If you are using favicon on your site then it is recommended that it should be 1KB or below for a more optimized experience. Favicons could be another reason for a slow page.